*** PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU DAMAGING YOUR DEVICE IN ANY WAY. THIS METHOD OF ROOT IS TESTED BY ME PERSONALLY ON MY DEVICE SM-T230. ***
> TAB 4 WIFI SM-T230/T230UN WITH USB DEBUGGING ENABLED AND DRIVERS INSTALLED (Please see here for instructions on how to do this)
> ODIN 3.09 + TWRP 22.214.171.124 BOTH WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN THIS ZIP FILE >> DOWNLOAD
1. Download and extract the above zip to an easy to access location.
2. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home and connect to a computer with USB cable.
3. now run Odin 3.09 (as administrator) and select AP and then select the openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-degas.tar file
5. now press reboot > system and then slide to install root
6. when device has rebooted to android open superuser installer app and follow instructions to update then install su binary updates then reboot.
7. now download busybox and install.. (from gplay)
you now have rooted your tab 4 sm-t230/t230un