To obtain your license you will need to login to Citrix and purchase one or generate a free 30 day trial license.
A startup license is imported during the license server installation to allow Citrix products to communicate with the license server.
- After generating and downloading your license file, copy the file to the computer hosting the license server and console. The default location for storing the license file is C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\MyFiles on a 32-bit computer, C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\MyFiles on a 64-bit computer, and /opt/citrix/licensing/myfiles for License Server VPX.
Tip: Ensure that the license file retains the “.lic” file extension. Some copy processes do not recognize a file type for that extension and add a “.txt” file extension during the copy. License files with the wrong file extension cannot be imported.
- For Windows: Start the License Administration Console from the programs menu: Citrix >License Administration Console.
For License Server VPX and remote systems: Open a web browser and go to http://License Server Name:webport.
- Start the console and click Administration.
- Log on and click the Vendor Daemon Configuration tab.
- Click Import License.
- Browse to the license file.
- If you copied the file directly to the myfiles directory, or if the file has the same name as an existing one, select Overwrite License File on License Server.
- Click Import License. The import process copies the file from its existing location into the MyFiles directory where it can be read by the license server.
- Click Administer in the Citrix vendor daemon line.
- Click Reread License Files to allow the license server to recognize the new file.
Users can begin using these licenses as soon as the licenses are read by the license server.