Notes for AWS Glacier studying.
- Lifecycle rules can be configured to archive or move files after a certain period of time to Glacier.
- After a certain period of time Objects can be migrated to IA Storage and then to Glacier before being expired.
- Lifecycle Management can be used in conjunction with versioning.
- Can be applied to current versions of Objects as well as previous versions.
- The Following actions can now be done:
- Transition to the standard – IA Storage class. (128KB and 30 days after the creation date).
- Archive to the Glacier Storage Class. (30 days after IA, if relevant).
- Glacier is not available in Singpapore or South America.
- You can permanently delete objects using life-cycle management policies.