Exam Tips for Creating an S3 Bucket
- Buckets are a universal namespace, you cannot have the same name as someone else using aws because each bucket is assigned a unique DNS name.
- Upload an object to S3 to receive a HTTP 200 code while uploading with command line utilities.
- Client Side Encryption.
- Server Side Encryption.
- Amazon S3 Managed Keys (SSE-S3)
- KMS (SSE-KMS)
- Customer Provided Keys (SSE-C)
- Control access to buckets using either a bucket ACL or using Bucket Policies.
- By Default Buckets are private and all objects stored within them.
S3 – Versioning Exam Tips
- Stores all versions of an object (file) this includes all writes and even if you delete the object.
- Great backup tool.
- Once enabled, Versioning cannot be disabled only suspended.
- Integrates with Lifecycle rules.
- Versioning’s MFA delete capability, which uses Multi-Factor Authentication, can be used to provide an additional layer of security.