- On the computer that has Internet access, save a copy of the Adksetup.exe file on the computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window by right-clicking and then selecting Run as administrator.
- Change directory to the directory that stores the Adksetup.exe file.
For example, if you copied the file to the Downloads directory for your user account:
- Run the following command, where <path> is the location where you want to download the files:
adksetup /quiet /layout <path>
- Copy the downloaded files to a location that the offline computer can access.
For example, copy the files to removable media or to a file server that the offline computer can access.
- On the offline computer, open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Change directory to the directory that contains the downloaded copy of Adksetup.exe.
- Run the following command:
adksetup /quiet /installpath <path> /features <featureID1><featureID2>
For <path>, specify the location where you want to install the Windows ADK features.
To see a list of possible <featureID> values, run the
adksetup /listcommand. To install all of the Windows ADK features, use the
To install the Windows ADK on an offline computer by using the command line