If you’re a fan of old school gaming then this is an app that I recommend taking a look at, it is an application that you can install on your Android, desktop, laptop, mac and even your IOS devices and emulate your favourite systems inside a very PlayStation 3 looking Frontend. You can download and install the app called RetroArch OR download the Operating System called Lakka.
RetroArch is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players. It enables you to run classic games on a wide range of computers and consoles through its slick graphical interface. Settings are also unified so configuration is done once and for all. RetroArch has advanced features like shaders, netplay, rewinding, and more!
You can find the download for your system here: Download
Lakka’s LibreELEC architecture and fast cross-compilation makes it possible to create optimized builds for a variety of hardware. Lakka supports many systems, including development boards, embedded/mobile systems, and tiny PCs. Examples include the Allwinner, iMX6, and Amlogic boards along with builds for 32-bit and 64-bit PC systems.
Integration with RetroArch
RetroPie uses EmulationStation as frontend on top of RetroArch and other emulators, while the graphical interface of Lakka is directly coded in RetroArch. This choice offers the following advantages:
- A single, unified and consistent configuration for all the emulators.
- No manual joypad configuration, we use RetroArch autoconfig feature and it works for all consoles.
- Better integration with the frontend: you can pause your game to use savestates, take screenshots, or switch PlayStation CDs and then go back to your game.
- Less code (so less bugs), and no effort duplication.
- We encourage developers to port their emulators to RetroArch, with the side effect of making them available on all the platforms supported by RetroArch.
- The development team of Lakka and RetroArch are composed of the same members, so both projects can benefit from each other.
To download Lakka please click the link here: Download