In this tutorial will explain how to silent install Adobe Reader version 11. We will be using the MSI and an MST that is built by the Adobe Customization Kit. The script will disable auto update automatically. The command will uninstall older version of Adobe Reader and install a new version. We will use MST Transform file of adobe to make configurations. I trying to script Adobe Reader version 11.0.10 for an SCCM deployment.
Silent Install Adobe Reader.
- Adobe Reader 11 silent install:
- Download msi.
- Create MST file.
- Create cmd file
- Execute command.
Adobe Reader 11 msi silent install.
Download msi for silent install Adobe Reader.
First download the package for adobe reader 11.0.0 :
Second download adobe reader 11.0.10 patches :
Save both on folder named “AdobeReader_11010” and unzip AdbeRdr11000_en_US.exe inside folder.
Create a MST transform.
- Download Adobe Customization Wizard XI from here.
- Install the application and launch it when done.
- Click on File -> Copy Package.
- Enter the information as below:
- Source package – Your source of msi that we unzipped “AcroRead.msi”
- Name of the new package “AcroRead”
- Location for new package copied – under AdobeReader_11010\
Make any desired configuration in the menus to the left that fits your environment. We recommended :
- In the left pane on the Personalization Options, check EULA Option: Suppress display of End User License Agreement (EULA).
On the Online Services and Features page, check the following boxes:
- Disable product updates
- In Adobe Reader, disable Help > Purchase Adobe Acrobat
- Disable Product Improvement Program
- Remove Viewing of PDF with Ads for Adobe PDF
- Disable all Adobe online services based workflows and entry points
Click File -> Save Package.
Create the .cmd.
- Inside folder “AdobeReader_11010” create a text file called install.cmd
- Copy the following command lines:
@echo silent install Adobe Reader 11.0.10 start /wait msiexec /i "%~dp0AcroRead.msi" EULA_ACCEPT=YES TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /Update "%~dp0AdbeRdrUpd11010.msp" /qn
You’ll now have the complete package that can be silent installed.