Spread the love

Recently I had a VDI that kept bluescreening, after the issue was resolved with a windows update it failed to register in Xendesktop. I decided to reinstall the VDA as that could have become corrupted and I ran into this issue…

 

Not sure of the cause but i found the fix.

  • Reset performance counters
    1. Open CMD as an administrator
    2. Run command lodctr.exe /R
    3. Restart the machine
  • Rebuild WMI repository
    1. Open CMD as an administrator
    2. Run command sc config winmgmt start= disabled (with the space)
    3. Run command net stop winmgmt
    4. Run command winmgmt /salvagerepository %windir%\System32\wbem
    5. Run command winmgmt /resetrepository %windir%\System32\wbem
    6. Run command sc config winmgmt start= auto (with the space)
    7. Restart the machine
    8. Reinstall the VDA