The login details to the License administration console are tucked away in a .xml file on your system, this can be modified to allow you to login and create your own login details.
See the steps below:
- Open the “server.xml” file in C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS\conf. If on Win2k8 you will need to open your editor as an admin.
- Find the entry that looks something like this:
<user firstName=”System” id=”admin” lastName=”Administrator” password=”(ENC-01)UaFz17cJ2oNQ+LkskjkzUyVV5ZcmaoJCDCiuiusbB6zk2P0uR” passwordExpired=”false” privileges=”admin”/>
- Erase the contents between the double quotes after “password=”
- Enter a plaintext password so it looks like this: password=”test”
- Change the passwordExpired value to be “true”
- Save the server.xml file.
- Restart the licensing services. I also closed and re-opened the LAC but this may not be necessary.
- Log into the LAC using user name “admin” and the password you set.
- You will be prompted to change your password. Do it. By doing it, the new password will be encrypted in the server.xml file.
- To check that everything is working as planned, re-open the server.xml to check that the password is now encrypted.